Date(s) - 03/11/2017
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
CII Venue TBC
When & Where
24 April 2017 London
14 July 2017 London
3 November 2017 London
Who should attend?
The course will benefit existing or potential FCA approved persons within insurance companies, e.g. board directors not occupying a Senior Insurance Management Functions, in addition to executives in sole FCA regulated firms, compliance officers, risk managers and company secretaries.
What are the outcomes of attending?
- The elements of good corporate governance that are at the heart of the approved persons regime
- The controlled functions required in a firm by the FCA
- High Level Standards, particularly the Threshold Conditions and the business model, and the importance the FCA attaches to them
- The fitness and propriety tests, and the competence expected of an approved person
- The standards approved persons should meet and how they apply
- A brief review of expected regulatory awareness (e.g. conduct risk, financial crime, current supervisory thematics)
- Maintaining approval: know what information must be notified to the FCA
- Documentation: demonstrating effective governance.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain what the FCA expects of you in terms of the way you carry out your responsibilities
- Describe the fit and proper requirements that must be satisfied, particularly competence
- Interpret the conduct standards of the Principles for Approved Persons in business situations, and what would constitute a breach of those principles
- Examine the way in which systems and controls are allocated and overseen
- Review your allocation of controlled functions
- Revise the ‘hot topics’ that the FCA would expect an approved person in a SIF to be familiar with
- Identify the process to keep documents which support the governance of the company up to date (and often discovering they are not!)..
Who is running the workshop?
What have previous delegates said about this workshop?
How much does it cost?
How do I book?
For bookings, enquiries and updates visit www.cii.co.uk/f2f or call customer service 0208 989 8464
To discuss technical, in-house and bespoke courses contact Face-to-Face Training on 0207 391 1133 or email email@example.com