Date(s) - 18/10/2017
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
FSTP Venue TBC
When & Where
18 October London
Who should attend?
This intensive one-day course has been designed for:
- Staff with compliance functions
- Employees needing to ensure regulatory standards are being met
What are the outcomes of attending?
Understanding the focus on product management
- An overview of the regulator’s thinking
- The goals of the FCA
- Good or poor practice? Identifying indicators
- Case study: Review a firm’s approach to product management and the steps required to comply
Determining key elements of a product management process
- An overview of the product development process
- The life stages of a product
- Highlighting key steps, from new product development to withdrawal
- How to evidence the fair treatment of customers
- Exercise: Understanding the risks and controls in a product management process
How to use customer research to evidence fairness
- Types of customer research
- Which research areas should be informed by customer behaviour?
- When is research valuable from a risk control perspective?
- Using examples to recognise when customer input is ignored
Building a governance framework around products
- Making sure the audit trail is fool proof
- Understanding when escalation is needed
- Case study exercise: Examine the brief and decide at which stage board approval is needed
The roles of compliance, risk and audit in the product management process
- Clarifying the roles of the first, second and third lines of defence
- Involvement in new product development
- Product monitoring activity
- What are the key areas of complaint, persistency and declined claims?
- How to structure reports for different audiences
- Case study: Identifying the responsibilities of each party and deciding what action to take
How to sell the process to the business
- The reputational and financial risks
- The impact of FCA demands and enforcement actions
- How to demonstrate the upside of a framework
- Working with others to achieve compliance
Who is running the workshop?
What have previous delegates said about this workshop?
How much does it cost?
Single Booking £595.00 +VAT
Multiple Booking £535.50 +VAT
How do I book?
Call 0203 178 4230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today