Date(s) - 10/05/2017
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
When & Where
10 May 2017 London
6 July 2017 London
9 October 2017 London
Who should attend?
This course is designed for existing or potential PRA Senior Insurance Management Functions and Key Function holders, as well as compliance officers, risk managers and company secretaries.
What are the outcomes of attending?
- The origins of SIMR and how it has evolved
- Senior Insurance Management Functions, and identifying those key functions necessary to the safe and prudent operation of the business
- Clarifying the situation for Non-Executive Directors
- Enhanced fitness and propriety, and the conduct standards with which to comply
- Shared governance: understanding and allocating the prescribed responsibilities
- Demonstrating collective accountability: the governance map and documents that might comprise it
- The implications from operating parallel FCA and PRA regimes: what dilemma will this present, and how might they be resolved.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Summarise the drivers of the Senior Insurance Managers Regime (SIMR)
- Explain the scope of SIMR: SIMFs and key functions
- Describe the fit and proper requirements that must be satisfied, particularly competence
- Interpret the conduct standards, and what would constitute a breach of those principles
- Examine the prescribed responsibilities and suggest their likely allocation
- Explore the compilation and shape of the mandatory governance map
- Discuss the implications of the necessity of operating parallel FCA and PRA approved person regimes.
Who is running the workshop?
What have previous delegates said about this workshop?
How much does it cost?
How do I book?
For bookings, enquiries and updates visit www.cii.co.uk/f2f or call customer service 0208 989 8464
To discuss technical, in-house and bespoke courses contact Face-to-Face Training on 0207 391 1133 or email email@example.com