Date(s) - 04/09/2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
2be Development Consultancy offers this online workshop to cover all the content associated with this subject.
The workshop will last for 2 hours and will be facilitated using ZOOM software.
The Certification Regime is a key component of the increased accountability regulations. First introduced in 2016 to Banks and Building Societies it was extended on 10 December 2018 to include Insurers. The same regime was extended to all other solo regulated FCA firms in December 2019.
To understand the Certification Regime and why you need to act now it is important to understand the background to the changes, what the regulator expects, how this regime relates to the Senior Managers Regime and Code of Conduct as well as how your approach to T&C and Approved Persons will be affected. This workshop covers all of these elements.
When & Where
26 June (am)
8 July (pm)
12 August (am)
4 September (am)
8 October (am)
Who should attend?
The requirements of the Certification Regime were extended to all regulatory firms from 9 December 2019. All people performing a certification function must be issued with their first Certificate before 9 December 2020. Anyone who wishes to gain a better understanding of the Certification Regime, its requirements and how to build a response to them should attend. This could be Senior Managers, Project Managers, T&C Managers, Consultants and Compliance Personnel
What are the outcomes of attending?
- To explain the key changes arising from the extension of the SMCR regulations and where the Certification Regime fits
- To understand why the FCA regards these changes as significant when it comes to your company culture
- To capture the population who fall into scope of the certification regime and the consequences of operating a split supervision model
- To know the components of a FIT assessment on the different categories of certification functions within scope and the ongoing approaches needed to maintain FITness
- To understand the relationship between the code of conduct and certification regime and how to embed it successfully within your firm
- To define a sign off process for the issue of a certificate
- To build a dashboard to assist with the governance of the certification requirements and the reporting requirements expected by the regulator
How much does it cost to attend?
If you are a Premium+ subscriber to T-CNews you can attend the workshop for free. You just need to quote your membership number when making your booking. Please note that as a Premium+ subscriber you will not incur cancellation charges should you be unable to attend the workshop.This event can be provided as an in-house workshop, Email email@example.com for more details
If you are not a Premium+ subscriber you are welcome to attend any of the workshops. The delegate price per event is £100 +VAT. To book a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent a booking confirmation and invoice. You will be issued a link to join the workshop shortly before the event.
How to book
To reserve a space at a workshop you must email email@example.com stating which event you would like to attend. You will receive a booking confirmation and a joining link nearer the workshop