Date(s) - 02/06/2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
When & Where
London: 07 Jun/08 Nov
Doncaster: 02 Jun/16 Nov
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone who needs an understanding of the principles of underwriting and assumes no prior knowledge. It is also relevant for anyone who works in underwriting or broking who needs knowledge of the subject.
What are the outcomes of attending?
- The underwriter – role, duty and authority
- Underwriting skills – selecting, pricing, financial understanding, relationship and portfolio management, negotiating and influencing
- The principles of pricing
- Underwriting controls
- Reinsurance and reserving strategies
- Managing exposures
- How risks are placed in London and the underwriter’s role in this practice.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the role of the underwriter
- Understand what underwriting skills are required
- Understand the principles of pricing
- Understand how business is placed in the London Market
- Outline underwriting controls
- Outline reinsurance and reserving strategies
- Outline managing exposure.
Who is running the workshop?
What have previous delegates said about this workshop?
How much does it cost?
£190 members £220 non-members
How do I book?
For bookings, enquiries and updates visit www.cii.co.uk/f2f or call customer service 0208 989 8464
To discuss technical, in-house and bespoke courses contact Face-to-Face Training on 0207 391 1133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org